This broccoli and cheese casserole is made with fresh broccoli and topped off with buttery Ritz crackers for the perfect crunchy topping!
- 32 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 10 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Add the broccoli to a large microwave safe bowl along with ¼ cup of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Carefully remove the plastic wrap and drain the liquid.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, salt, pepper, and cheddar to the bowl with the broccoli and stir well to combine.
- Pour broccoli mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Top with the cracker crumbs and drizzle with the melted butter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until broccoli is as tender as you’d like and cheese is fully melted.
- Serve immediately.
Original recipe available here.