- 36 pieces HERSHEY’S KISSES Milk Chocolates, wrappers removed
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Food coloring, in desired colors
- Sanding sugar, in desired colors
- 1/3 cup vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- In separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Mix butter mixture into flour mixture.
- For each color desired, evenly divide dough into separate bowls. In each bowl, mix in food coloring until color is uniform.
- Form 36 1” balls. Roll each ball in matching sugar color; arrange on sheet pan.
- Gently press thumb into balls to form indentation. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly; transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Divide and tint frosting to match cookie colors. In each cookie indentation, place about ½ teaspoon frosting; press chocolate piece into frosting.
Original recipe available here.