The best shells and cheese you will ever have. Thanks Jess!
These restaurant-quality, cheese-stuffed shells come together effortlessly and make feeding your family or a large holiday crowd easy.
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Yields: 4-6 Servings
- 12 ounces Mueller’s® Jumbo Shells
- 2 eggs
- 2 containers (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F; spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook Jumbo Shells for 15 minutes; drain well, cover and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly, then add in ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Spoon about one tablespoon of cheese mixture into each shell and arrange filled shells in a single layer in the baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165-185°F.
- Cook’s Tip: Use any of your family’s favorite sauces, including those with Italian sausage or ground turkey to make this dish heartier.