This month we are making four meals for four different friends who just had babies. Each meal we are bringing some form of Mexican food- one of our favorites! My go to side item for Mexican is often black beans so when I finally found this recipe (and loved it) I knew we had to write this one down. If you’re looking for a quick and easy side dish with ingredients you’ll most likely find in your pantry then you’ll love Mexican corn!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups corn (about 4 ears), cut from the cob
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 glove garlic, grated
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tablespoons cotija (or feta), crumbled
- chili powder to taste
- Melt the butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the corn, toss and let it sit cooking until charred, mix it up and let it char again, about 6-10 minutes.
- Add the jalapeno, saute for a minute and remove from heat.
- Mix everything and serve warm or at room temperature.
*This is one of those recipes that you don’t need to include all of the ingredients. We’ve often made it without the feta, jalapeños and even onion. It’s great with as many or as few ingredients as you want to include.