I’m taking advantage of my day off today and giving our pup some extra loving by making some of his favorite dog treats. I don’t make homemade treats very often (usually once or twice a year for special holidays) but with our little man in the house Toby doesn’t get as much attention as he used to and so its nice to spoil him when we can. So here is a recipe for some homemade dog treats that are Toby approved (and hey its all natural and people ingredients so you can even eat them too!)
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a stand mixer, mix together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon
- Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff.
- Roll the dough into a ½-inch-thick roll. Cut into ½-inch pieces (or use the cookie cutter of your choice).
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.
Original recipe available here.