(Makes 4 servings)
• 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
• 4 tsp Olive oil
• 1/4 tsp Sea salt
• 1/4 tsp Black pepper
• 2 1⁄4 pounds skinless, boneless raw chicken breast
For the sauce
• 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 8 ounces spinach
1. Preheat oven to 375 ̊F/200 ̊C.
2. Poke several holes into the spaghetti squash. Microwave on high for 5 minutes.
3. Cut squash in half along the holes. Remove seeds with a spoon. Drizzle squash with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place squash upside down on baking tray and bake for 40 minutes until soft. Let cool.
5. Using a skillet, cook the chicken breast on medium-high heat with a little olive oil for 6-8 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
6. Sauté onion for a few minutes. Add garlic and cook for a minute. Add tomatoes and cook for a couple minutes. Cook until onions are translucent.
7. Add lemon juice and chicken broth, and cook until the liquid partially reduces, about 20 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
8. Using a fork, shred the inside of the squash.
9. Pour sauce over the squash. Serve immediately.