There is something about warm oatmeal cookies. I love them. I can’t get enough of them. I’ve been on a quest to find the perfect recipe to satisfy my craving and I think this one is pretty close. These are good. Really good. Enjoy! 🙂
Ingredients: (I usually cut this in half)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional! These are excellent without the chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Original recipe available here.