I am finally starting to feel like myself again! After weeks of exhaustion and morning/all day sickness, I’ve hardly cooked at all, let alone bake. Today my hubby and I spent the day resting (as we are both trying to get over a cold) and then shopping- a treat for my upcoming birthday next week. His one request at the end of the day was that I make these sugar cookies.. and considering his birthday is just around the corner as well I could hardly say no! Enjoy the easiest (and yummiest) sugar cookies around!
Ingredients (I usually half this recipe to make around 20-24 cookies)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
Original recipe available here.