Some of my extended family is coming in to town tomorrow to meet our little man for the first time. Special occasions call for special meals and so my mother is making her homemade lasagna and meatballs. (I’ll be sure to get her recipe soon & post it- its legit, straight out of Italy, homemade yumminess). In honor of the occasion I decided to make some chocolate lasagna for dessert to go with the theme. Can’t wait to dive in!
- 1 package regular Oreo cookies (about 36)
- 6 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- 1- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip, divided
- 2 – 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Begin by crushing 36 Oreo cookies. You can use a food processor for this or crush by hand until they are fine crumbs.
- Transfer the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in 6 tablespoons melted butter. When the butter is distributed, transfer the mixture to a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place the pan in the refrigerator while you work on the additional layers.
- Mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add in 2 Tablespoons of milk, and sugar, and mix well. Stir in 1 cup Cool Whip. Spread this mixture over the crust.
- In a bowl, combine chocolate instant pudding with 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the mixture over the previous cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to rest for about 5 minutes so that the pudding can firm up further.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip over the top. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour, or the refrigerator for 4 hours before serving.